Spring is here! Well, actually it feels more like summer here in Ann Arbor today as it’s a steamy 82 degrees! April seems to be flying by, and I just realized it’s been almost a whole month since my last post! I’ll admit, this is why I have always hesitated starting a blog in the past; I knew that I’d get busy and kind of let it fall by the wayside…but, I’m going to get back on track because there are so many exciting things happening over the next few months that and I really want to try my best to keep up to date with writing about them!! But to get you caught up, here’s a little update on some of the things that have been happening since our trip to Toronto, as well as what we’ve got coming up:
- At the end of March, we had the pleasure of attending the MODA show in Kalamazoo to see my sister Melissa make her fashion designing debut! The fashion show is put on by MODA, the student organization for fashion majors at Western Michigan University, and the show is put on entirely by the students, from the modeling to the advertising to the construction and design of the clothes. Melissa designed an gorgeous line of 5 dresses, as well as designing a very original avant garde piece which she modeled herself! I was so inspired by the creativity of all the students, and I’m continue to be blown away by what an amazingly talented sister I have!
- Something else that has been taking up some of my time recently is volunteering at the Humane Society of Huron Valley here in Ann Arbor. I want to do a separate, more in-depth post about my experience because it’s been so rewarding!
- Earlier this month, I told my current job that I would be leaving at the end of the month, and they have been very understanding and supportive of my decision, which has been wonderful. But now that I have my official last day (Apr. 28th), time seems to be flying by so much faster! Finding this job was such a huge blessing, and I really have enjoyed working here, however, I’m really excited to move on to what’s ahead! And while we’ve been so busy and so focused on our Europe trip, I’m already starting to think about what I’m going to do when we move…I’ve had all sorts of ideas from going back to school to starting my own business, and I’d really love to find something that I’m passionate about…I’ve also always had a pretty good knack for finding jobs, however, we could potentially be moving multiple times over the next few years, so right now my career path seems a little unclear…however, I’m just praying that the right opportunity will open itself up as we relocate to a new area of the country!
- In the midst of all that’s been going on, Cam and I have been trying to stay focused on health & fitness goals, even though, the busier things get, the more difficult it becomes. Since we’re going to be leaving Ann Arbor, we want to eat at all our “favorite” places one last time, the problem is we have about 50 favorite restaurants! In addition, we’ve been really trying to get together with friends before we move, but that always seems to involve going out for a big restaurant meal. However, we’ve been trying our best to cook healthy meals when we can, as well as staying focused on exercise. This spring, we’ve been going to some new classes at the YMCA-Cardio Karate, Body Core (a crazy intense workout, like gym class on steroids), and Studio Cycling. I also found a new Bikram Yoga Studio in Plymouth, so I’ve been trying to mix those workouts in as well. I’m really hoping that we can keep up the momentum with our workouts until we get on the plane to Europe so we have the energy necessary to keep up with itinerary we planned!
- Speaking of our trip, we’ve been really busy planning, packing, and shopping! This is probably the longest vacation will ever take, and since we’re going to be going to so many cities, it’s required quite a bit of planning as far as making our hotel/hostel reservations, as well as our train reservations. Luckily my husband is a great travel agent and has been working his butt off putting together the details of this trip, I am so grateful for how organized he is! We’re just bringing our backpacks, so we’ve had to think very carefully about just what we need to bring on as far as clothes, and we’re still in the process of figuring out exactly what we need to pack…I’ll keep you posted!
- With all the focus on getting ready for our trip, I can’t forget about how excited we are for Cam’s graduation from his Master’s program on May 1st! His parents and brother and sister-in-law are going to be coming from Oregon for 5 days, and we’re really looking forward to spending time with them. I’m so proud of my husband, finishing grad school is a huge accomplishment and he’s worked really hard, so I’m really looking forward to seeing him graduate! (and to hear President Obama speak at the commencement ceremony!)
I’ll admit, I haven’t really shared this blog w/ many people and I think it’s because I’m not really sure exactly what purpose I wanted it to serve? On the one hand, I do like to write about fun shopping finds, recipes, fitness, and environmentally-friendly products. However, with all the exciting changes and events going on in our lives this year, I also really want this blog to also be a much more personal undertaking and use it to help family and friends stay connected to us as we travel and move. I’m hoping to blog while we’re in Europe so I can share my experiences while they are fresh in my mind and keep everyone up to date on how we’re doing. Get excited for “In the Pink and Green” to go abroad!