Now that September is here and Labor Day weekend is over, I’m starting to get uber-excited about my favorite season-FALL!! Now that autumn is upon us, some of the things that I’m most excited about are:
- Michigan Football: The Wolverines took the field Saturday, and I’m pretty bummed that this was the first time in 5 years that I wasn’t be in the Big House for the kickoff game. However, Michigan Football prevailed against UConn, with a 30-10 victory, a great way to start the season!! I’ll definitely be cheering for my Wolverines all the way from South Carolina for next week’s game against Notre Dame!
- Fall Clothes: I love fall clothes–scarves, boots, sweaters, coats, all the rich textures and colors, I love it all. Even though I’m not going back to school this year, I always have the urge to buy new clothes and shoes to welcome the change of seasons. (Ok, who am I kidding, I always have the urge to shop!) The stores down here in SC are starting to fill up with fall collections, however, I’m finding that I have the problem I usually have in MI in the spring–the weather doesn’t match up with the clothes! Down here in Greenville, it’s still pretty consistently in the 90’s, so I’m not quite ready for chunky knits and suede over the knee boots quite yet. (aka the same problem I always had in Michigan in March when stores are filling with up with light, airy, spring clothes and there would still be two feet of snow on the ground!) So while I’m going to be rocking my shorts and sandals for a few more weeks, I did buy some gorgeous nail polishes the other day to help get myself in the mood. (The polish are Sally Hansen’s new Complete Salon Manicure, which I really like because they go on so well!) I picked out a deep reddish burgundy and a grayish purplish mauve, which I hear are supposed to be hot shades for nails this fall. So even though my feet may be in flip flops for awhile, at least my toenails will be fall-ish!
- Cooler Weather: Even though it still is pretty warm here in South Carolina, it is starting to get a little more comfortable than it was in July and August. I know that Cam and I are both looking forward to plenty of beautiful weather this fall as temps continue to drop, and while the chill in the air won’t be quite as crisp as in Michigan, it will still be nice to have things cool off a little. We had gorgeous weather this weekend, and this cooling weather means something else I’m excited for this fall…
- Visitors: Now that we’ve settled in and the weather isn’t so hot, we’re looking forward to people coming to visit us in our new home. My mom and aunt and grandma are came down this weekend for Labor Day, and it was great to spend time with them. We went out to eat, went shopping, and I had a lot of fun showing them around my new city. Cam’s parents are coming in October, as is my friend Lisa, and I’m looking forward to visits from whomever would like to come down to experience some southern hospitality!
- Changing leaves: The colored leaves are one of my favorite things about fall, and I’m looking forward to taking hikes, camping trips, and weekend drives in the Blue Ridge and Smokey Mountains to see the forests at their most beautiful.
- Weekend trips: Cam and I definitely plan on taking some hiking/camping trips on weekends this fall, but I’m also really excited for the weekend trips we have planned to Disney World and Michigan! We’re going to Disney at the end of Sept for a long weekend to use the passes we got for volunteering as part of Disney’s Give a Day, Get a Disney Day program that they introduced this year, and I’m really looking forward to it. We’re also coming to Michigan in October for the Michigan/Michigan State game. I’m so looking forward to seeing friends, eating No Thai & Zingerman’s, going out to South U bars, being back in the Big House, going back to Lake Orion, going to the cider mill, spending time with my family, and enjoying a crisp Michigan fall weekend.We’re also going to Savannah for the weekend with Cam’s parents, and I’ve never been there, so I’m really looking forward to checking it out!
It’s been an amazing summer, but I am looking forward to a fantastic fall!! 🙂