Decisions, Decisions: Rug Edition

Happy Tuesday everyone! Today, I need your help…

Now that we’ve moved in to our apartment, I am really eager to get things organized and decorated. We still have a long way to go at this point considering that we just moved in Saturday, but I know it will get there soon! Our apartment is very modern–white walls, light wood floors, concrete ceilings, bamboo cabinets, and lots of light from the floor to ceiling windows. It’s fairly small but it’s also a clean slate decor-wise, which is nice. That’s why I think that a patterned rug could be a great addition to help give the apartment some needed pop…but I’m having a hard time deciding on one!

I should mention that we are getting a new couch delivered this weekend; it’s a dark charcoal gray and should look pretty similar to the one pictured below. I really like the idea of sticking with more neutral palette in the apartment, and I think that Cameron and I are in agreement that we like the idea of using shades of gray. My concern is that the couch is going to be fairly dark so I don’t want a rug that’s super dark because I think it would be too heavy. At the same time, we have a dog and so any sort of really light-colored rugs just won’t be practical for us. On that note, any rug we buy also needs to be durable and really easy to clean. We’d really like something that’s very flat as opposed to any sort of high-pile rug, and we’re looking for something that’s around 5’x8′ in size. And because we’re not planning to be in this apartment for the long-term, we don’t necessarily want to invest a ton into this rug (which makes it tough because rugs can get pretty pricey).

Rugs
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8
These are a few of my favorite rug
options that I’ve rounded up recently and wanted to get some opinions
on. I like things about each of them, I’m just not sure which one will
look best in our place. I personally am a fan of option 3; we saw it at
Ikea this weekend and I absolutely loved it in person! I adore the
graphic black and white, it seems like it would fairly durable, and the
price is fantastic! (Cam on the other hand is not a fan because he says
the pattern hurts his eyes, ha!)

Which of these rugs is your favorite? Any other suggestions on where to find a cute, durable rug that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg? I’m excited to get some feedback because I want to make a decision!

Comments

1. August 13, 2013 / 12:25 pm

Oh wow I love them all! But I think 1,2, and 4 are my top faves. Ikea has a great yellow rug right now which if you were contemplating bringing color in, yellow looks great with blacks and greys!

2. August 13, 2013 / 1:15 pm

Love those!! I think 5 and 7 are my favorites. I found mine on Overstock.com and Dana got her rug on RugsUSA.com (with a Groupon that saved her tons). A lot to sort through on both sites, but great prices when you're not looking to invest!

3. August 13, 2013 / 1:40 pm

I'm a fan of 1. FYI I've found that Lowe's has an AWESOME selection of rugs at insane prices.

4. August 13, 2013 / 4:04 pm

ohhh i love them all! but id probably vote for 1, 3 or 4. we just ordered our rug from ballard designs… overstock and rugs usa are great websites to find a deal as well!

5. August 13, 2013 / 5:38 pm

I think 2 or 5…having a non-linear pattern might be nice considering it sounds like the rest of your stuff has pretty clean lines.

6. August 13, 2013 / 8:25 pm

Yep, I think you're right. 3 would be best with that couch. I personally love 5 but it might look better with a different style of furniture. I'm sure whichever you pick will look great!

7. August 13, 2013 / 10:00 pm

Ooooh I love number three. I actually love them all. But that one has a certain style to it!

8. August 13, 2013 / 11:37 pm

No. 4! We have a similar one so we could be rug twins 🙂

9. August 14, 2013 / 3:16 am

I love number 2. I think that the blue adds a little color, but keeps it neutral overall. Can't wait to see what you choose!

10. August 14, 2013 / 1:28 pm

I love 3 and 7…just as a word of warning: we bought a rug on overstock and the quality was not as great as I hoped and as a result it sheds constantly…like little piles of rug fluff everywhere -stuck to Macie, in the corners of the room etc…not fun.
    Cant wait to see pics of the new place!
    xo