Beauty // Can’t Live Without It Blush

Happy Friday friends!

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that we’ve been in Seattle this week and I am loving it! We’re actually heading up to Vancouver, BC for the weekend, so I only have a minute to pop in today. And that’s why I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to write a post for a fun new link-up my IRL turned blogger friend Stephanie and two other lovely bloggers (Cait & Laura) are hosting.

I personally love to write super wordy posts with lots of pictures, but let’s face it, with a four month old baby, I don’t always have the time I’d like to pour out some long diatribe here on the interwebs. Enter this link-up. Basically you just share a quick post about something you’re loving right now, which I think is such a genius idea, especially for Fridays when my mom brain is typically a little fried.

Posts as of late, aka 2015, have been pretty heavily Henry-focused. And while I can’t promise that’s necessarily going to change any time soon, I do want find a little more of a balance in the content I’m sharing to include things like recipes, beauty/style posts, restaurant reviews, etc. That’s why for my first ‘Can’t Live Without It’ item, I wanted to share a beauty product that’s an oldie but a goodie.

This blush

This gorgeous cheek color with the racy name has been a cult favorite for ages. I remember one of my mom’s friends talking about wearing it when I was in my early teens, and it was actually one of my first non-drugstore beauty purchases when I was in high school. It’s described as a peachy pink with gold shimmer and it’s lauded as being very universally flattering. I fell in love with this gorgeous warm color that added the perfect glowy-yet-natural flush to the cheeks when I was 16 and have repurchased this blush many times since then. The price is a little steep but totally worth it in my opinion as the formulation is quality, very pigmented but also blendable. (Plus, I am just a huge fan of NARS products/brand aesthetic in general) I’ve tried tons of different blushes over the years, and while I do have other ones that I like a lot, time after time I seem to keep coming back to this one. I feel I’m always particularly drawn to it in the spring as it’s such a perfect color for this time of year. When I look in the mirror and I’m feeling sort of mehhh as a new mom, just little bit of this blush can make a world of difference in perking up my tired face. I feel like it would honestly look good on any skin tone and it’s definitely something worth the splurge!

So there you have it, one of my mama makeup must haves 🙂

That’s all for me today, but be sure to hop over to my sleep post from last week to see if you won my giveaway for the Halo SleepSack! And follow me on Instagram (@inthepinkandgreen) for photos from our Canadian adventures this weekend, eh? 🙂

Comments

1. April 17, 2015 / 11:24 am

This is one of my absolute favorite blushes of all times. I have it in the powder, but also in the Nars Multiple, cream stick. The next color on my wishlist is Nars Sin, but you can't go wrong with any of their blushes! xoxo

2. April 17, 2015 / 1:16 pm

That's a really pretty colour! I have been searching for the perfect shade of peach for a while. I have have to try this one out. Enjoy your time in Van City!

3. April 17, 2015 / 1:39 pm

beautiful color! i need to try that.. i'm def in need of some color these days 🙂 xo jillian – cornflake dreams

4. April 17, 2015 / 2:17 pm

Ahhhh LOVE that blush too. I am not a fan of Nars packaging though. It gets so dirty..lol I know that probably sounds weird. Have a great time this weekend.

5. April 17, 2015 / 2:30 pm

Ooh I need a new blush, and that's such a pretty color! Have a fabulous time up in Vancouver BC – I LOVE that city!

6. April 17, 2015 / 3:48 pm

I hope and your family has a wonderful time in Vancouver!

7. April 17, 2015 / 4:50 pm

That is a lovely color! I'm not sure if would work for me, but I agree that blush in general is a must-have!

8. April 17, 2015 / 6:13 pm

Have this blush and love it! I love Nars in general! Have a wonderful weekend mama – love seeing those photos of little Henry.

PS- I am obsessed with your blog design so "rifle paper co" I dig it! xo

9. April 17, 2015 / 9:39 pm

I have recently come around to the idea of wearing blush. I am much more of a "throw on some foundation and run out the door" kind of gal, but sometimes its nice to perk things up a bit. I may just have to give this blush a try. Thanks for sharing, cheers!

10. April 17, 2015 / 10:49 pm

Nars is the only blush I like to use and this color is one of my favorites too! Enjoy your travels this weekend!

11. April 17, 2015 / 11:34 pm

Oh I love that colour, I must see if I can get it in England, I definitely need some colour. Enjoy the rest of your trip this weekend, I look forward to seeing the pictures on Insta x

12. April 17, 2015 / 11:52 pm

I love a good blush! Enjoy your trip up north for this beautiful weekend!

13. April 18, 2015 / 6:10 am

Might just have to give it a try… haven't tried it before. 🙂