Happy Friday friends! I know I just put up a post
yesterday afternoon (it’s a recap of July
, ICYMI!) but I wanted to share a quick post about NSale since it’s ending this weekend!
If you read blogs, chances are you’ve heard about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. For the past month, I’ve literally been seeing posts every day about this epic sale and I feel like it gets more and more hyped up every year. And honestly? I think it’s kind of overrated! Are there some great deals? Sure! But the way people freak out about it and act like it’s like the most amazing thing ever is a little excessive IMO. Granted, I don’t have a Nordstrom card and didn’t have early access to the sale, so I had to wait for it to open to the public on July 22nd. And I’ll admit, I’ve read a number of posts about it, done some shopping online, and visited a few different Nordstrom stores during the course of sale. And I do think if you’re in the market for certain items, like designer jeans for example, there are some awesome deals available during the NSale. (And since I’m living in maxi dresses and maternity pants these days, part of the reason I’m probably not super into to the sale this year has to do with the fact that I can’t really shop for clothes!) The problem is, as the sale gets more and more hyped up on social media each year, it seems like the popular items sell out fast which is kind of a bummer!
So if you’re the type of person who likes to wait until the last minute with things, I thought I’d do a quick round up of my favorite items that are still in stock! But first, I wanted to share the things that I actually purchased during this year’s NSale, even though most of them are no longer available 🙁
1. Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Robe
– This was the one item that I wanted from the NSale this year since I feel like I’ll be living in it after Baby #2 comes! (And unfortunately it looks like it’s totally sold out online now!) People go crazy over these robes and I’ve seen how soft they are in store, however, I haven’t actually received mine in the mail yet. (But it has lots of good reviews so I have high hopes!) I have the cream color pictured, but the one I ordered is the marbled indigo/white color (in size 2).
2. Kate Spade Mini Small Square Stud Earrings
– Since I don’t want to risk Henry ripping my earlobes, I pretty much exclusively wear stud earrings these days. I’ve seen these Kate Spade studs in previous NSales and I thought the rainbow glitter would be fun to spice up my usual yoga pants ensembles, ha. It looks like that the color I got is still available, along with an opal/silver color.
3. Thread & Supply Utility Vest
– I’ve been wanting a vest like this for awhile and I’m hoping I’ll get a lot of use out of it this fall/winter! I did get it in store and it was kind of hard to tell exactly how it will look once I’m not pregnant, we shall see! It looks like this is also sold out online though 🙁
4. BP Plaid Square Scarf
– I realize I need another scarf like I need a hole in the head, but when you’re pregnant and nothing fits you, this is about one of the only fall items you can get on board with. Plus, I figure the large blanket size of this cozy scarf will be perfect to do double duty as a nursing cover! I have the scarf pictured in blue, but the one I got is actually a cream/red color. It does look like this is totally sold out online as well, but if might be worth checking in store for it!
5. Lush ‘Perfect’ Roll Tab Sleeve Tunic –
So this isn’t technically part of the NSale, but it is marked down right now and I wanted to share! I actually have this shirt in a floral print and it’s one of my absolute favorites, so when I saw online that it was reduced, I couldn’t resist ordering it since it will be perfect for postpartum! It’s longer in length (and since I’m 5’10” I love that!) and it’s flowy but also flattering. It’s one of those shirts that can be dressed up or down and clearly I’m not alone in loving it since it has 700+ great reviews online. I ended up ordering it in Olive and Burnt Henna (in size Medium), and I think both colors will be perfect for fall. Since this isn’t part of the NSale, I’m not sure when the price will go back up on this one, but it looks like all 5 colors are still in stock!
So that’s what I managed to get my hands on during the NSale, but there are still lots of great things available online! I don’t think I’ll be pulling the trigger on anything else, but the items below are just a few of the other things that caught my eye! I should mention that everything I have listed is still available as of right now (Friday morning when the post was published) but if you’re checking this post out later on in the weekend, things might be sold out. Finally, Nordstrom does offer free shipping and is really good about returns, so keep that in mind if you’re on the fence about something! (Also, unlike other bloggers out there, this post is not sponsored by Nordstrom. Even though I think the NSale itself is a little overrated, I’m am a fan of the store and that’s why I wanted to share!)
People seem to LOVE these Zella ‘Live In’ Leggings (and the cropped version is on sale too!) so it’s a great basic to pick up. There are also TONS of cute workout things included in the sale, as well as these adorable Nikes. (Although living in Portland I think I could probably get an even better deal on shoes at the Nike employee store, ha!) Speaking of shoes, the booties I wanted are mainly sold out unless you have super tiny feet, but these Toms peep toe booties are pretty cute! And if I had a reason to wear heels, well ever, I would totally get these lace-up ones! I’ve heard good things about this Pleione Tunic, it looks similar to the Lush one I got and it comes in a few more colors. I’m a big fan of Nars, and this face palette looks great because it has four of their most popular blushes, along with a highlighter and bronzer. There are some really great kids’ items that are part of the sale as well; we’re pretty set with baby blankets at our house thanks to Henry, but I’ve heard that these Little Giraffe blankets are awesome and the sale is a great opportunity to get them at a reduced price.
The sale ends this Sunday and prices go back up on Monday 8/8 – so if you see something you want and it’s still available online, definitely grab it before it’s gone! Have a great weekend!