TGIF friends! Who’s ready for the weekend?!
First things first, I got quite a reaction when I posted this picture on Instagram earlier this week but I feel like it needs repeating. Do yourself a favor and go buy these Oreos. They are amazing.
Moving right along…earlier this week I saw my girl Alex shared her answers to 20 questions that Marie Claire recently asked SJP. (And then I saw Alexa answered them too!) I always love reading things like this and thought it would be the perfect topic for a fun Friday post! Here are my answers…
1. What brings you the greatest joy? My dog. Sure, my husband, my family, and my faith give my life meaning and bring me great joy as well, but when it comes to really putting a smile on my face? Lola does it every time.
2. What are your vices? Shopping at Target/Sephora (those places are my kryptonite!), any kind of sweets (as evidenced by the photo above), and staying up way too late all the time.
3. What is on your nightstand? My Kindle – I’m currently reading this book but haven’t gotten too far into it yet – hopefully I’ll make a dent this weekend!
4. Do you have a secret talent?
I make a pretty good chocolate chip cookie
…but that’s not really a secret talent, I suppose.
5. What is your greatest indulgence? Going out to good restaurants – Portland has so many of them, that I probably indulge a little too often!
6. What should every woman try at least once in her life? Camping. Disconnecting from social media, going sans makeup, and sleeping in a tent for a few days is good for the soul.
7. What makes you laugh? My husband – for being an engineer, he can be quite silly and he has a great sense of humor. Most recently, he’ll do this thing where he hides behind the curtains of our pantry when the dog isn’t paying attention and then when she walks by, he’ll jump out at her – I realize this is slightly ridiculous (because it is, ha), but it is seriously HYSTERICAL. I need to film it and put it on the Internets ASAP. It never gets old 🙂
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I am a huge procrastinator. It might appear as though I have things together on the surface, but I’m really terrible about putting things off. However, I also hate letting people down so if something has to get done, I’ll typically stay up the night before until it’s finished. Ugh.
9. What is on your bucket list? It’s always growing, but right now I’d say that hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in Peru is at the top of the list for me.
10. What is on your feet right now? Fuzzy socks…my feet are always cold!
11. How did you make your first dollar? Babysitting for one of our neighbors…when I was 11. Seriously, what parent lets an 11 year old watch their kid?! It seems crazy to me now.
12. What superstition do you believe in? I am not superstitious but I am kind of OCD when it comes to things like making sure I lock the front door before I got to bed or making sure that unplug my straightener when I leave the house!
13. What items in your closet do you wear the most? My yoga pants, hands down. But because that’s kind of
embarrassing boring, I also wear these legging pants (so basically glorified yoga pants, ha!), my anorak jacket (from the bottom of this post), my Hunter rain boots (this is Portland after all!), and scarves I’ve collected from my travels.
14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? My engagement ring.
15. What is on your liquor shelf? We typically don’t do cocktails at home – I like to enjoy those at places that have inventive drink menus vs. making them myself – but we usually always have wine/beer on hand…since it’s winter, right now it’s a lot of red wine/dark beer.
17. What would you never leave home without? My phone. I’ll be the first to admit, I’m way too attached to that thing.
18. What movie has the greatest ending? Gone with the Wind, which is my favorite movie. I actually sort of hate the ending and it makes me mad because I want Scarlett and Rhett to end up together. However, there are some classic lines in that last scene and you really believe that Scarlett is going to go out and get him back. “After all, tomorrow is another day!”
19. Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party? Oh you know, just an intimate dinner for four consisting of Beyonce, Jay-Z, Cameron, and myself. Classic.
20. What is one thing you wish you had known when you were younger? You’ll save yourself a lot of stress if you don’t leave things until the last minute – actually, I still haven’t learned this lesson. At all. Oh well, I’m still young, right? 🙂
If you decide to play along and answer these 20 questions, definitely comment and let me know!
Have a great weekend everyone!